How do I use the group administration tools to add an existing user to a site license group?
This article explains how to add a user to a site license group for a user that already has a user record in your site's database.
Note this method of adding the user to a group utilizes the group administration tools at /admin/licenses.
Prior to using the tools at /admin/licenses, you need to do two things.
1. Setup the site license group itself in the User Manager. See this article.
2. Be setup as a group administrator. See this article.
1. Log into /admin/licenses with an account setup as a group administrator.
2. Scroll to the Adding Current Users To A Site License section.
3. Select the group you want to associate the user to and put the user's email address in the email address field.
4. Click search. The user, if in the database, will be returned in the results.
5. Click add user.
You should see the message below. This means the user was associated to the site license group, and will inherit the subscriptions and appropriate mailing list associations (if the group has newsletter subscriptions).