How do I upload new media, such as photos, videos and files?
To upload new media, such as photos, videos, PDF files and other, to your Media Manager, access the Media Manager and follow the steps in this article.
1. Within the Media Manager, click New File in the top right of the window.
2. When you click New File, a window will appear. You may upload a file directly to the Media Manager or reference an external file.
Learn how to connect with a file that is hosted in a digital asset management system or on YouTube in this article: How do I add videos from YouTube or files from corporate servers to be easily used on my website?
3. To upload files directly, click Choose File to select a media file from your computer.
3.2. The file name will appear in the New File box after selection.
3.3. If you have uploaded an image, add Alt. Text. This is required.
3.4. The Media Manager will recognize what type of file you have uploaded but confirm it is correct in the dropdown menu.
3.5. For other types of files - General, Video, Audio - you may want to add a Display Title in the event it is "associated with" content on your website.
3.6. Click Create. You will be taken to the file's properties. If you were successful, you will see a yellow success box at the top.
This screen allows you to access and edit your image or file's properties.
- Click Copy to Clipboard to copy the URL of your image or file. You may only need this if you are using HTML and not inserting the image using the WYSIWYG or other automatic method.
- Click to preview your image or file.
- To replace your image, click Choose File.
- Update your Display Title.
- You may not adjust the width, height or file size of your image or file, but you may view the original size here.
- Update your Alt. Text to improve SEO.
- If desired, add a description. This isn't required but may be helpful if you are uploading a report in PDF that may appear in search results, for example.