How do I create an image gallery / photo gallery?
This article will show you how to:
- Create a new image gallery.
- Upload images to the gallery.
- Delete images in your gallery.
- Edit images in your gallery.
- Change the order of images in your gallery.
1. Access the Image Gallery Manager under Editorial on your Dashboard.
2. Title your Image Gallery and add a description.
Your Image Gallery will default to Indexable (searchable on your website) and Automatic page refresh for display.
3. Next, select how you would like your Image Gallery to be displayed.
4. And how many images per row in the display.
5. You may upload images for the Image Gallery in two ways:
5.1. Select Browse, and create a Parent Directory within the Media Manager. Upload all images to that directory and then add that Parent directory.
5.2. Or upload a Zip folder from your computer with the images you'd like to include.
6. Assign site placement and taxonomy topics/categories.
Each website's taxonomy is unique. If you have questions about your website's taxonomy, please reach out to your ePublishing's solutions manager.
8. To view your gallery within the Image Gallery Manager tool, under Edit, click View.
9. From the View page, access the existing images and add new ones.
(The example shown is an ePublishing.com Image Gallery of our clients' logos.)
9.1. Option 1: Upload an image.
9.2. Or select Upload a Zip Archive, which will allow you to add a set of images in a Zipped folder from your computer.
9.3. Upload Multiple Images is another way of adding several images to your gallery at once.
- After choosing your file, click Add next to the Choose File icon.
- When finished adding images, click the green Import button.
9.4. And finally, add images by clicking Import from the Media Manager, which will take you to your ePublishing Media Manager.
- To add images from your Media Manager, click Browse and select an image.
- When you are finished, click Import.
11. To change the order of the images in the gallery, click and hold down on the box in the top left of the image (circled) and drag.
12. Add Related Content to appear next to your Image Gallery under Edit > Related.
Please note that every website is different, and where related content appears is dependent on your website's design.
Learn more about associated Related Content here: How do I select related articles, blog posts, listings, events, products and more to appear next to my content?