How do I create a landing page?
Using the Page Manager Tool, you may create:
- Marketing landing pages
- Annual people or companies of influence profiles
- Advertising and media kit landing page
- Event promotions or landing pages
- Job Boards from simplyhired.com or indeed.com
The Page Manager Tool also allows you to build pages where you may embed code from third-parties or iframes.
1. To access the Page Manager Tool, click on Create next to Page under Editorial on your dashboard.
2. When the Page Manager opens, add a URL and a headline, if desired.
Consider SEO when drafting your URL.
You may not use special characters, such as &, ?, / and other common punctuation. Do not add spaces. A best practice is to use hyphens or underscores.
CAUTION: If you update the URL after your page is already published and linked, your readers may encounter a 404 if they click on an old link to the page. An automatic redirect will not be created. Be sure to create a redirect using the Redirect Manager if this occurs.
3. Using html or the WYSIWYG editor, add your page content in the Body section. This is required.
For tips on how to format your content using the WYSIWYG: How do I format content?
4. Categorize your page using the Site Placement, Classification and Topic/Category taxonomy lists.
This will be unique to each website. Generally, pages created in the Page Manager Tool do not use the Site Placement taxonomy.
Depending on how your website is designed, the Classification taxonomy may be used to select the page template that you'd like to use. For example, you may want to retain all elements in your website template except the the sidebars. Under Classification, the user would click No Sidebars. Other potential categories you may use include: Secure, which indicates the Page will be behind the SSL, linking it as HTTPS or secure by SSL; or Blank Page Layout, which takes all other elements off of the page including the website's header.