How do I create an eNewsletter issue?
The Newsletter Manager allows you to create eNewsletters manually or automatically based on the rules you set up with ePublishing.
This article will show you how to create a new eNewsletter issue for newsletter publications that already exist. Each publication's design will be different, and will include different components, so if you have questions, please contact your solutions manager.
1. To access the Newsletters you'd like to create a new issue for, click on List & Edit next to Newsletter under Editorial on your dashboard.
2. Select the newsletter.
3. Under Edit, click on Create next to Issue.
4. Name your newsletter issue. For example, you may want to name it with a date if it's a daily or with the week if it's weekly: Week of April 26, 2015.
Optional: Add the Volume and Issue number, and associate a file with your newsletter. The file may be the PDF version of your newsletter.
5. Now it's time to add articles and other content to your newsletter issue. Click Associate an article or Associate a blog posting.
6. In the Article Manager or Blog Post Manager, select the article you'd like to add to your issue by clicking on the headline.
Search for an article by entering keywords in the Search terms box at the top of the box. You may sort results by Headline Ascending (alphabetically), Headline Descending (reverse alphabetically), Created Descending (most recent article first), Created Ascending (oldest article first), Post Date Ascending (oldest article posted first) and Post Date Descending (most recent article posted first).
You may also filter your results based on when the article or blog post was created or modified.
6.1. After selecting your article, Delete it by clicking Delete. To add another article or blog post, click Associate an article or Associate a blog posting.
7. After you've chosen another article or blog post, you can change the order of your content by selecting the icon next to the headline and dragging to the preferred position.
8. In the same way, add Classified ad listings or Products to add to your newsletter.
Each ePublishing clients' newsletter is designed differently. Please contact your solutions manager if you have questions about whether and how certain types of content will appear in your newsletter.
8.1. When you select Associate a product, the Product Manager search will appear. Select the product by clicking on the headline.
9. Some ePublishing clients use HTML to add additional content to their eNewsletters. Those fields appear in the editor under the articles/blog post, product and classifieds selections.
You may also edit the content in these sections using the WYSIWYG editor.
10. When finished adding content to your newsletter, click Create.
12. Click Generate creative copy.
Advanced users can make edits to the HTML copy or Text copy on this page, but be sure to Save any changes you make. These changes will be overwritten if you click "Generate creative copy" again so we recommend any changes made to the HTML or Text copy be made at the end of your editing.
13. To preview your newsletter, click Preview HTML or Preview Text.
14. When you are ready to publish or send your newsletter, add a subject line and set the Publish date and time.
15. We recommend you test your newsletter before sending it to your full list. To test, add your Alternate testing mailing list ID in the box, and click Send test publication.
Please contact your solutions manager if you have questions about mailing list IDs. ePublishing clients that have integrated with third-party email service providers will have mailing list IDs associated with each of their newsletters, including a test list for internal use.
16. When ready to send to your entire list, click Release for publication. You will be prompted to confirm the release after clicking this button.
17. If testing on STAGE
please contact your SM to send the email through to your ESP.