How do I create a new directory category?
Your directory listings can be assigned to one or more categories. For example, if you ran a local health care website, you may have two directories on your website:
- Primary care doctors
Each of these categories was created in your Taxonomy Manager. This article will show you how to add directory categories.
Note: Some websites use the term buyer's guide instead of directory. In your dashboard, however, it will be called a directory.
1. To add a new directory category, go to your Taxonomy Manager under Sales/Marketing in your dashboard.
2. Click the + icon next to Topic/Category to expand the folder's contents, then Directory Categories.
3. To add a new category, click on the folder where you want it to live, ideally in the same folder existing categories already exist.
5. Your new category will appear in the folder. Click on it to edit.
6. Type the new category name under Title.
8. If the new category was created successfully, a yellow bar will appear.
You may add additional categories, or delete, hide or make certain categories unselectable by using the menu bar at the top of the Taxonomy Manager.
9. To add a listing to your new directory category, create or edit a listing. Under Topic/Category select the new category.
Don't forget to save your work.
Learn more about creating a new directory listing here: How do I create a new directory listing?