How do I send a welcome email to new registrants?
When a visitor registers or subscribes on your site, a welcome email may be sent automatically when you turn on the relevant settings in Sys Admin.
This article will show you how to create and modify your welcome message.
1. To get started, access the Sys Admin menu in your ePublishing tools dashboard.
1.1. Scroll down and select Edit next to user.registration.welcome. Make sure the setting is set at "true."
When this is set as "true," a newly registered user will receive the email. When it is set as "false," the email is not active.
1.2. Update the Value to true if you want registered users to receive an email. Set it at false if you don't.
Do NOT change the Name of this setting.
1.3. And SAVE
2. To edit your welcome email, select Search & Edit next to Editorial Content under Editorial on your dashboard.
2.1. Do a search for the word "welcome" under Internal Name in the Editorial Content Manager; click Search.
2.2. Select the area you would like to edit.
Each Editorial Content Area has a different purpose:
- user.registration.welcome.email.subject - Email subject line
- user.registration.welcome.email.salutation - Salutation - appears before the user's last name
- user.registration.welcome.email.top - First paragraph under salutation - Your primary welcome message
- user.registration.welcome.email.bottom.first - Area above the user's email address - Reminds the user that the email address is used for logging in and retrieving a forgotten password
- user.registration.welcome.email.bottom.last - Area below the user's submitted email address for user information such as profile, subscriptions and address changes