How do I create a new Admin user?
If you have a new team member and you want him to have access to your website's administration, add them to the User Manager. This article looks at how to add a new admin user, or someone that can edit your website in full or in part. You can control which tools users can access on the back-end of your website.
We also share how to view what each type of user (or role) has access to, and how to edit each role's access.
Be aware that if you change the privileges a user type has, it will affect all users associated with that role. For example, if you change the access a Content Editor has, it will affect all users that have been assigned that role.
1. Under Sales/Marketing, click Create next to User.
1.1. Or within the User Manager, click Create.
2. Add the user's information, and click Create. At minimum, add a first name, last name and email address for the user.
3. Click Password under Edit.
5. There is no standard access by role across all ePublishing websites. The privileges associated with each role will vary. Please ask your Solutions Manager if you have questions.
The three roles highlighted in the above screenshot are the ones ePublishing creates for all publishers. Any additional roles are created uniquely for the site and reflect the different roles that will use the admin tool.
5.1. Select Admin User, SysAdmin User or Super Admin User by clicking the box next to the appropriate selection. The role will move to the top of the list when selected.
- In general, a Basic Admin User or Admin User will have limited access. To add additional privileges, define and assign specific roles, such as copy editor.
- A Super Admin User will have full access to everything except SysAdmin.
- And very few users will need to be a SysAdmin User, if any.
- Select any relevant additional role that is unique for your organization
6. Want to know which privileges are associated with each role? Click List & Edit next to Role & Privilege under SysAdmin.
6.1. Scroll down in the window that appears to Roles and click on the role's Internal Name.
6.2. When you click, you'll be taken to the role in the Role & Privilege Manager.
Do not change the Internal Name of the role.
7. To add a new privilege to a role, click the box next to the privilege. Do NOT rename the privileges.
When a privilege is added or removed from a role, that user will see those privileges (tools) greyed out in the main navigation of their website's administration. A user assigned that role will no longer be able to click on those tools.