Can I be notified if an order transaction fails? How?
If an order transaction on your website fails, you'll want to know. ePublishing allows you to set up notifications to your email regardless of why the transaction failed. The notification email includes a customer's contact information and the order's details.
This article will show you how to set-up an email address to receive notifications for failed order. It will also show you how to turn on the notifications.
Important: You will need access to the Sys Admin > System Settings. Talk to your systems administrator to get this privilege added to your role or as an individual privilege in the User Manager.
1. If you would like to be notified when an order transaction fails, go to Sys Admin > System Setting > Create and Edit.
2. Scroll down and find the setting called order.notify.on.failure.
3. Click Edit and then type true (all lowercase) in the Value field. Now the system knows to send notifications anytime an order fails.
4. Click Save.
5. Now you need to set up the email address those notifications will be sent to. In the System Settings, find the setting called order.failure.email.
6. Click Edit and type the email address in the Value field.
7. Click Save.
8. Find the setting webmaster.email.
This setting controls the email address from which your notification is sent. This field is required to send this notification. Learn more about the webmaster email.
9. Click edit and put the email address you want to send the notifications from in the value field.
10. Click Save. You will now receive email notifications for failed orders.
11. This is an example of what an email looks like notifying you of a failed order.
The email includes the customer's order number, contact information, and the order details.