Search Engine Optimization. Help me understand it.
SEO is both art and science.
We provide critical basic automated tools to assist you with SEO:
- Nightly submission of your site’s published content to Google and Bing via the sitemap.xml
- Tools that automatically create the browser title, meta keywords and meta description that can be considered by search engines, along with the visible content on the page.
- A mechanism that triggers an automatic update of SEO for revised / updated content.
- A subform for you and your team to further modify / tailor the SEO of content such as articles, products and more beyond what's already automated.
Ultimately, search engine results are driven by your content and the actions by your readers based on your content.
Examples of actions that determine your content’s relevancy to search engines:
- Any other websites that cite and link to your content as a source.
- Shared / trending OpenGov content on major social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Many more things … some that are within your control, and some that are not.
You may find it useful to start with this Beginner's Guide to SEO:
Chapters 3 and 4 of the Beginner's Guide to SEO have work you can implement on your website today. Remember: SEO takes time and diligence, and requires routinely tracking what appears to be successful and what isn’t.
A book for when you want to learn way more then you likely want to: The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization