How can I control the Common Links shown on my dashboard in my Admin tool?
This is your area to place links that will help your team support your website.
Common additions to these links include:
- Ad servers
- Analytics servers
- Circulation vendor site / Audience Development site
- Email Service Provider
- Any unique integration partner for your site that you regularly need to access
- Basecamp: https://epublishing.basecamphq.com/clients
- Our support desk: http://support.epublishing.com
- Our knowledge base: http://help.epublishing.com
- Training videos (if they exist)
- Site documentation (either created by your team or ePublishing)
This simple little menu can have real benefits in helping your team update your website and quickly access all of the partners that help support it.
Where are these links on my Admin tool?
How can I change them? First, open your Navigation Manager found under Editorial.
Select Common Dashboard Links.
The Navigation Manager for each website has a menu called Common Dashboard Links, which will allow you to Add / Update / Delete any of the links you want your team to easily access. We recommend adding any links to third-party vendors, sites, support, and your site documentation.
To add a new link:
- Click Common Dashboard Links.
- Click New Child Link.
- On the right, update the Title you want displayed for that link. For example, Ad Server.
- Paste the URL under URL.
- Select the checkbox next to Open in New Window.
- Click Display this link at the top.
Be sure to scroll down and Save when finished.
To modify a link:
- Click on the link you'd like to update.
- On the right, update the information you need to modify. You can modify the Title or the URL.
Scroll down and click Save to retain your changes.
To delete a link:
- Click on the link you'd like to delete.
- Click Delete. Click OK when the dialog box pops up and asks if you want to continue.
You can also Hide a link by clicking Hide on the right side.