How do I add a podcast episode to my site?
This article will show you how to add a podcast episode file to your site through the use of the Media Manager.
If you would like to create a new podcast, and not just an episode, read this: How do I add or create a new podcast on my website?
Open the Media Manager.
Choose the directory or sub-directory you wish to upload the new podcast episode into
- Choose the relevant directory / sub-directory.
- Select New File in the upper righthand corner to add the audio file.
- Enter the Display Title for the podcast episode.
- Find the audio file on your system via the Browse button.
- The file type will automatically flip to the Audio file type.
- Click Create.
Update the audio file record with relevant podcast episode information.
Review or update the following fields with information on your podcast episode for your site visitors.
- Display title: This is the episode's name.
- Description: What is in this episode? Provide links, if you wish, for how to find this episode on other outlets, like iTunes, Soundcloud, and/or Stitcher. Tips on using the Wysiwyg: How do I format content?
- Duration: How long is the episode? If you leave this at zero (0), we will not tell the site visitor. Otherwise, this information can be quite useful to your visitors.