How do I work with Directory Templates?
Templates are new to Continuum as of August, 2022. Templates are available for Articles, Events, Directory Listings and Products.
Create a template
Templates are created from existing directory listings by clicking on the three gray dots in the Directory Listing Editor menu bar and selecting Save as Template.
What is saved when the template is created?
Saving a listing as a template first duplicates the listing so the original listing is unchanged. [TMPL] is appended to the Headline for ease of identification.
What fields are included:
- Featured Image
- Short and Full Descriptions
- Taxonomies - Classification, Topic, Site Placement, Directory Categories
- Publish and Pull At dates and times
- Contact Information
- Checkbox settings - Include in Search Results, Enable Comments
- SEO - Meta Description, Meta Keywords, Updated Browser title
- Media file associations
What's not included:
- Custom field values
- Related items
- Link Listings associations
- Publication status (the template is unpublished)
Create an directory listing from a template
Once you have at least one template created, the Add from Template button will appear when creating a new listing. Click on the button to select the template.
Select the desired template and click the green Add from Template button.
Any existing directory templates from ePub Legacy tools will be converted to Continuum templates. They will not have the [TMPL] prefix. If you do not see your templates as expected, contact your Project Manager.
The newly created listing will be unpublished, and the [TMPL] designation will be removed from the headline.