How do I work with Product Templates?
Templates are new to Continuum as of August, 2022. Templates are available for Articles, Events, Directory Listings and Products.
Templates are created from existing Product items by clicking on the three gray dots in the Product editor menu bar and selecting Save as Template.
Saving an event as a template first duplicates the listing so the original listing is unchanged. [TMPL] is appended to the title for ease of identification.
What fields are included:
- Short and Full Descriptions
- Taxonomies - Authors, Product Category, Classification, Topics, Site Placement, Keywords
- Product specific information - Weight, Purchase Limit, External List ID, Internal ID
- Checkbox settings - Taxable? Enable Shipping, Include in Search Results, Enable Comments
- Pricing Options
- Order Email Confirmation Content
- Product Type and details (NOTE: product details are NOT retained when you create a product from a template)
- SEO - Meta Description, Meta Keywords, Updated Browser title, Meta Headers
What's not included:
- Featured image
- Custom field values
- Related items
Once you have at least one template created, the Add from Template button will appear when creating a new listing. Click on the button to select the template.
Select the desired template and click the green Add from Template button.
Any existing event templates from ePub Legacy tools will be converted to Continuum templates. They will not have the [TMPL] prefix. If you do not see your templates as expected, contact your Project Manager.
The newly created listing will be unpublished, and the [TMPL] designation will be removed from the headline.