- Recognizing the user's computer or device when visiting your site
- Tracking the user as they navigate your site
- Allowing the user ecommerce functionality on your site
- Improving the site's usability
- Analyzing the use of the site
- Administration of the site
- Personalizing the site for the user, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to the user.
Additionally, third-party cookies may do the following:
- Track your browser across multiple websites
- Build a profile of your web surfing habits
- Target advertisements which may be of particular interest to the user.
Continuum creates cookies for the following reasons:
- Tracking the user
- Name and ID number of the logged-in user
- Automatic user logout time
- Last page the user was on
- Number of times a file was downloaded by a user
- Number of items in a cart
- Session ID
- Your Google Analytics ID number
- What your poll answers were
Depending on your ad server, your circulation provider, and any other integrations you have with your site, you may have many other cookies working on your site.