How do I change a reader's password?
Occasionally, readers lose their passwords and call you for help.
The first option: Your readers can change their own passwords on your website. On the site, have the user go to /user/login. They can either type this in or click the Log In or Sign In button. Then on the log-in page (/user/login), they can click "Forgot your password?" to reset it.
The other option for updating reader passwords using the User Manager is covered in this article.
1. Access the User Manager in the main navigation
2. Enter the user's name or other identifying information in the Search field, and hit Enter.
3. Open the reader's profile by clicking on their name.
4. In the User Manager, click Password in the Password field.
5. You won't be able to see the reader's password, but you can update it by entering a new one. Type the new password in the field, and repeat this in the Confirm Password field. Click Save in the top right.
This password will override any previous passwords.
As of Aug 11, 2022, passwords will be required to match the password requirements set in the Systems Settings. See How do I strengthen my site's password requirements?
7. Encourage your reader to update his password after logging in with the temporary password you set up.
Direct your client to https://yourdomain/user/profile to change their password.